Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nabaa Water Tower

World Vision commissioned me to work on the Nabaa water tower in an effort to clean up the neighborhood.
For the project I had to figure out how to transfer an A2 drawing onto a 20 by 12 meter rounded surface. After the initial black and white sketch was done using pencil and markers I scanned it into photoshop and cleaned it up. I to cut up the drawing into manageable sections I would later print to size. In all there were 34 sections which were printed. On site I began rolling out the different sections onto the tower starting from the bottom up. For each section I would roll it out, taping it to the tower surface as I go. Once taped firmly I began cutting over the lines of the drawing and
transferring the newly cut line on the tower using a pencil. This step could be compared to stenciling. This was done for the 34 sections until the entire drawing was transferred onto the tower. The water based paint was applied using medium sized rollers and size 12 paint brushes for the details.




No comments:

Post a Comment