Sunday, November 17, 2013

American Psycho

Linoleum printing was a technique I became familiar with in illustration class during my first year as a graphic design student. It is something I immediately enjoyed and loved doing, one of the reasons being that you really become part of the piece you are creating. You have to carve, sweat and sometimes bleed (by accidentally stabbing yourself, which can happen fairly often) into the block in order to expose your illustration.
  
The cover of this book jacket was done using multi colored linoleum printing. Once I had penciled and colored the initial sketch using coloring penciled, I transferred each color onto a different linoleum block. The blocks were then carved, inked and printed in layers onto the same piece of paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment